Digital Content Copywriter
Who we are
Famous throughout the enthusiast and PC gaming community, you’ll be joining an industry leader recognised for gamer creativity, bespoke PC systems, modding and PC gaming.
Overclockers UK is part of the Caseking group, an international e-commerce company with more than 300 employees at 8 locations worldwide!
What you will be doing
We are recruiting for creative, driven individuals with a passion for content creation, who can tell a story that connects with PC gamers and hardware enthusiasts. Passion for gaming and/or the latest in gaming technology hardware is a must!
You can expect lots of variety in this role but ultimately you will help deliver our content marketing plan through written content and supporting media types. This may mean creating content for our product pages, blogs, videos and more.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Understand our target market, their needs, priorities and passions to execute our content strategy which meets every stage of the customer journey
- Create fresh, accurate and engaging content across different platforms (product copy, copywriting, image, video etc)
- Maintain a consistent brand voice that is a friendly-expert, transparent, yet informative and trustworthy
- Develop and maintain the content calendar
- Monitor and report engagement performance to inform and refine the content plan
- Monitoring trends and topics that are relevant to our audience
- Contributing new ideas and identify new opportunities for the content strategy
- Ensure content is clear, attractive and follows best practice to drive engagement and sales
- Re-purposing evergreen content, for example converting blog posts into videos or infographics
- Conduct regular online product reviews to ensure products are appropriately represented with the customer in mind
- Assist in ensuring all products are strategically merchandised across the site to increase sales
- Work with vendors, product managers and the team to maintain high quality product information
- Provide general support as required to managers and other team members
Does this sound like you?
- Commercially minded with a focus on content creation and user engagement
- Inspired copywriting and scripting skills, skills across different platforms and touchpoints – product pages, blogs, social media, email
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for aesthetics, delivering the right look and feel
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Friendly with a helpful positive attitude
- Strong IT skills with a desire to grow and learn
- Detail-orientated, deadline-driven with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Willing to go the extra mile and happy to try new things
- 2-3 years copywriting experience and/or a degree in English, Digital content, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or equivalent
Good to have, but not essential
- SEO best practices
- Adobe after effects, photoshop, illustrator.